| || |
Frontline Connection Registration|
Registration and participation FREE.
Let's face it - conflict is an everyday thing. The Frontline Internet Connection Programme develops knowledge and understanding about why conflict happens, alternatives for conflict resolution, and the impacts and consequences of these choices for children, their families and communities. Developed specifically for the Social Studies Curriculum covering the Time, Continuity and Change and Place and Environment Strands for Level 2 to 6 it is also usable in ICT and English classes or as an integrated unit.
The Frontline Internet Connection features:
Registered schools receive an email with the password to participate in the 'Have your say' section.
- Frontline - a Simulation Game based on the challenges faced by aid workers in a war zone
- Our Stories - 20 children around the world tell about their real-life experiences, with student friendly conflict overviews
- Information Zone - web 'textbook style' pages on the themes of conflict, war, refugees and peace
- Funzone - educational activities for early finishers and rewards
- Have your Say - students can ask questions, participate in online discussions and post their responses
- Teacher Resource Room - curriculum links, suggested learning experiences and student worksheets