My name is...
Information Zone Quiz
Finding Refuge Maze
Fun Zone: Information Zone Quiz
Challenge yourself with this quiz. All the answers are somewhere in the Information Zone!
If you need a clue, click on the link beside each question. It will take you to a page that contains the answer.
1. There have only been 230 years without war over the last:
War - what is it good for?
2. In the 1990s the number of children killed and seriously injured were:
Injury or death
six million killed and two million injured
four million killed and six million injured
two million killed and four million injured
two million killed and six million injured
3. About 250 000 children under 18 years old served as child soldiers in:
4. What was the approximate world-wide military spending in 1995?
Weapons vs welfare
5. How many children have been orphaned by wars in the last decade?
War breaks up families
more than one million children
about one million children
about five hundred thousand children
less than five hundred thousand children
6. Refugees are people who seek safety and refuge:
Refugees - people who withdraw
in rich countries
in any country outside their own country
within the borders of their own country
in only neighbouring countries
7. Where did the largest number of refugees leave from in 2002?
Facts and figures
8. At the beginning of 2003, most people of concern to the UNHCR were in what region?
Facts and figures
9. What is NOT included in the diagram that shows how non-governmental organisations help in conflict zones?
Peace not pieces
rehabilitation for ex-soldiers
food deliveries to war zones
10. In the Four Steps to Conflict Resolution, what is the third step?
What could actually be done?
How do you feel about it?
What is the problem? What has happened?
What would you like to happen?